TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
The three-hour extravaganza was held at the MMRDA grounds in the suburban Bandra-Kurla complex. Chak De India was declared the Best Film of the Year, while its director Shimit Amin shared the Best Director's trophy with Aamir Khan, who made his debut as director with Taare Zameen Par. Aamir did not attend the function, his trophy was collected by lyricist Prasoon Joshi.
Taare's child actor Darsheel Safary won the trophy for the Best Child Actor and the jury award for Best Actor. Darsheel was also not present to collect his award. Best Supporting Actress trophy went to the entire women hockey team of Chak De India. The film also won the Best Editing trophy.
Deepika Padukone (Om Shanti Om) and Ranbir Kapoor (Saawariya) won the Best Debutants award of the year. However, Deepika could not collect her trophy as she was away in Australia for a film shoot.The Jodi No 1 award went to SRK and Deepika. Tabu won the Critics award for her performance in Cheeni Kum. The highlight of the evening was SRK's performance of the hit number 'Dard-e-Disco' from his film Om Shanti Om. The Best Choreographer award went to Farah Khan for her film Om Shanti Om.