TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
After Preity's 'bhangra' performance and SRK making 'cool' uniforms for his team, came the 'D' day of the actual bidding for players. On February 20, Wednesday, the bidding began and stopped at nothing less than millions. Shahrukh got Sourav Ganguly, Shoaib Akhtar, Ricky Ponting, Brendon McCullum, Chris Gayle, Ajit Agarkar, David Hussey, Ishant Sharma, Murali Karthik, Umar Gul, and Tatenda Taibu in his Kolkatta team. On the other hand, Yuvraj Singh, Irfan Pathan, Brett Lee, Kumar Sangakkara, Sree Santh, Mahela Jayawardene, Piyush Chawla, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Simon Katich, and Ramesh Powar formed the players of Preity's team, Mohali.
However, what took the cake was the whooping amount of money that was paid to the players. Among all the cricketers, M S Dhoni walked with the maximum amount of 6 Crores, which is almost 17 times more of what he makes playing for India. The other four players who took the creme of the cake were Symonds, Jayasuria, Ishant, and Irfan.
But will this maths and long term planning work for their respective teams is what time will tell us...until then IPL Twenty20 is the next most awaited thing of the year.