TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
A gun licensed in the name of Soha Ali Khan was found amongst the firearms seized from Nawab Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi's Delhi residence in 2005. Mansoor allegedly used the gun to kill endangered blackbucks at Jhajjar along with seven others more than two years ago.
A case has been booked against Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, under the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972, for allegedly poaching wild animals including the endangered species blackbucks, for which he had served three days in jail before getting bail. If found guilty, he is likely to be punished with three years imprisonment and a fine.
The police also wants to know how she got the gun license in 1996. She was only 18 years then while the minimum age to get a gun license is 21 years. The license was subsequently renewed but nowhere her age was mentioned and the original file is also missing. Another show-cause is likely to be issued to the actress for concealing the fact that her gun was used by an unauthorised person. She has been given two weeks time to explain to the authroties.
Soha Ali Khan's brother Saif Ali Khan was also charged for hunting blackbucks in Kankani along with Salman Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam during the shooting of the film Hum Saath Saath Hain.