TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
While Madhur declined the offer, there was no concrete reason being stated behind his apprehension to do the film. Now a source close to him has a story to tell. He says, "Taslima's life has been shrouded with controversies. At this point in time, Madhur isn't willing to pick up such a subject. More than just the controversy factor, Madhur doesn't want to get involved with a film that may potentially hurt any religious sentiments."
There were also murmurs around Tabu already being signed on for the film. There must have been some temptation for Madhur to return with the star actor of his claim to fame Chandni Bar.
Says the source, "Madhur and Tabu coming back would be quite lethal, no doubts around it. Still, this was probably not a subject made for the two to be together. Anyways, there is always a tomorrow."
Meanwhile Tabu is surprised about her name being associated with the film. She has plain and simple denied even being approached for the film; let aside signing on the dotted line. Tabu has been quoted as saying that she was surprised about false stories of her involvement in the project being spread. She believes that even a script for the subject didn't exist and hence it was extremely irresponsible for the production house to use her name and make such claims. Later, she went on to vehemently deny the entire episode and said loud and clear - "I am not playing Taslima."
Meanwhile Ram Mirchandani, Executive VP at UTV, has already met Taslima Nasreen in Delhi and apparently got permission to make a film on her. However, with both Madhur and Tabu showing their reluctance to be a part of the film, it all boils down to UTV announcing the project with other names.