TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
In order to create an intrigue quotient for the music of Tashan, Yash Raj Films is refraining from showcasing the songs on the music channels. So what one sees is just a 10 second glimpse of the song with the signature tune of the track playing in the background. There is not a single word to be heard and the promo ends sooner than it begins.
Now it definitely makes sense if this is a part of the initial set of promos for a film. However, when it appears to be the case for weeks in succession, it certainly raises the alarm bells. After all majority of music lovers are appreciating the music of Tashan (which released last weekend) and them being deprived of seeing it on the small screen (at least for the moment) is not been taken kindly.
The curiosity value which is being created due to this unique strategy is all fine for a diehard Bollywood fan but an average cine goer, who decides to watch a film after watching the promos, is certainly expected to be left wanting. Also, it appears to be unfair to the composer duo of Vishal and Shekhar who now seem set to gauge audience reaction only after the songs are seen along with the film's theatrical release.
In an age when music promotion of any biggie begins close to 2 months before the release of the film, Tashan is going ahead with controlled publicity even though there are only about 20 days to go for this biggie to hit the screens.
Looking at this, one does question if this is indeed a right move by YRF to be holding back on airing the songs?