TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
The film is very close to Ram Jethmalani's heart as the renowned lawyer appears in a 10-minute role in the two hour fifteen minute film, as a chief guest who gives away an award to the protagonist.
The story of the film revolves around the protagonist, Sindhu, played by Smita, a New York born girl, who traces her roots and her lost family in the great Indua Valley Civilizations.
Appreciating producer Koshi Lawani's effort, Advani said, "This is a first film of its kind as it is in Singlish i e in Sindhi and English. This film is about Sindh and Sindhi culture and the objective of the film is to make the Sindhis proud of their civilisation." He quipped that he was disappointed because no good Sindhi film had been made in the past, but after watching The Awakening, he was feeling proud.
The director, Dharambir Kumar says that he was waiting for the right script to direct his first film and The Awakening gave him the right platform to fulfill his dream.