TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
But the response Upen got from his fellow-Londoners was unimaginable. "London is my home. And to perform there was a dream come true for me. My mom, my sister and my entire family watched me. They had a planned a lavish act with Salman with motorbikes on stages and everything."
So what gives? "Salman, I'm told, couldn't come for his performance because of a torn ligament. I happily agreed to be a last-minute replacement because I didn't want them to incur losses. Why wouldn't I want to step in for Salman? He's a rock star. Besides, they altered Salman's act to suit my personality. Initially, I was supposed to dance to two songs from Partner. But when I stepped in they re-structured the intro with bits of my songs from 36 China Town and Shakalaka Boom Boom to begin the act."
Earlier Upen was supposed to be part only of Shahrukh Khan's act. "He did a kind of Om Shanti Om with a gender reversal where instead of all the heroines, all the heroes joined him on stage. I was only supposed to be part of that. But thanks to Salman, I had two acts, one for myself and one with Shahrukh. The press here in London has gone ballistic over my act. I can't get over it."
And all because of Salman's unpredictability!