TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Everyone in Punjab wants a glimpse of their soni kudi Harleen from Love Aaj Kal. And Giselle Monteiro hearing the clamour for her in the land of the five rivers was supposed to join her director Imtiaz Ali in Chandigarh recently.
Alas, man proposes, producer disposes. Apparently, the Love Aaj Kal co-producers Eros were reluctant to fund Giselle's trip and stay in Punjab.
The pretty Brazilian model turned actress is of course politically correct in her response. "Yes, I was supposed to be in Chandigarh with Imtiaz. But I couldn't make it on time. I know they want to see me in Punjab. Maybe later..." She trails of with an uncomfortable laugh, choosing to focus on the good things that are happening to her career.
Giselle is kicked about the fact that her first film is such a success. "I loved playing this Punjabi kudi," she says with her cute thick accent. "And that's the only Punjabi I know. I've seen some black-and-white Bollywood films from the 1960s to understand the mannerisms and body language of the era."
Giselle's favourite actress is her first co-star Saif Ali Khan's mother Sharmila Tagore. "Imtiaz showed me her films. Because she had the kind of personality Imtiaz wanted me to project. I learnt a lot from her. She is soooooo beautiful."
Giselle wanted to meet Sharmila. "But I didn't get a chance. If I did I'd tell her how amazing I find her. I love her in her movies. She's wow."
She also wants to go to Goa. "Because there're lots of Monteiros in Goa."