TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Since quite some time there was talk that the celebrated R.K. Films, founded by the legendary Raj Kapoor, is in the process of being revived. Reportedly, the Kapoors were keen to start a film with Ranbir Kapoor in the principal lead, thus signalling the revival of the banner after a hiatus.
"As of now, there are no such plans to start a film under the R.K. banner," Rishi Kapoor clarifies emphatically, "Yes, we did meet people, we were toying with the idea of starting a few films, but we couldn't find the right subject to revive the banner. Nothing exciting came up."
The veteran, who has been an integral part of many an important film in his illustrious career, will now be seen in Chintuji. "It wasn't titled Chintuji initially. The title was something else. In fact, it was more of a tongue-twister, hence the makers decided to change it to Chintuji, which is very flattering (that's how he is addressed by his dear ones)," he states.
The veteran actor plays himself in Chintuji, "Except that I am not as spoilt in real life as I am projected in this film," he laughs. He enacts the role of an actor who takes to politics when he realises his career is fading. "It's an interesting film and a role that I hadn't portrayed ever," he says.