TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
After taking on Shahrukh Khan on the screen and off it Bollywood hunk Salman Khan is also set to take his arch rival on the cricket field. Salman has shown interest in owning a team in the Indian Premier League (IPL). The actor apparently met Lalit Modi the chairman and commissioner of the IPL to discuss the possibility of buying one of the two new teams which will be added to the tournament from the 2011 season.
Salman has been toying with the idea of owing a team ever since he saw fellow celebrities Preity Zinta, Juhi Chawla and Shilpa Shetty apart from SRK being associated with India's cricketing extravaganza. Although the names of the cities haven't been finalised by the IPL body, cities like Ahmedabad, Nagpur and Vishakhaptanam are being discussed. Apart from Salman Khan, Ajay Devgan and Sanjay Dutt are also reportedly interested in owning IPL teams.
But is not going to be easy for Salman to own a team as some of India's leading corporates will take part in the auction will take place in January 2010. Markets analysts believe each of the two teams could sell for as much as Rs. 1000 Crores. It remains to be seen if Salman alone goes for a team or ties up with other Bollywood celebrities to own a team. The Bollywood war though will be fought on a different battle ground.