TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
It's a common adage that every doctor's son goes onto become a doctor, an engineer's son goes onto become an engineer, an architect's son goes onto become an architect'... so on and so forth. Ever wondered as to what will a son of a Superstar go onto become? Well, the answer is... a Superstar! Which is exactly the case with Abhishek Bachchan.
For 'starters' (if any), Amitabh Bachchan is not just the name that's synonymous with being the Superstar of the Millennium' and likes, he is also the name that's synonymous with the launch of a million FMCG brands (and still counting!). Well, following his very footsteps is his son Abhishek, who is now all set to become the 'Brand Ambassador of Videocon DTH'. Abhishek, to his credit, has the brand ambassadorship of a zillion brands including the likes of IDEA, Lux, Motorola, American Express ...to name a few. According to Bollywood Hungama's confirmed sources, "When the head honchos of Videocon were looking at the possible names for the post of the Brand Ambassador, Abhishek's was one name that emerged as the obvious and unanimous choice, courtesy, his clean image as well as the BO performances of his films. And that he will be instantly recognized in the western, eastern and northern markets. The source also added that the tagline of the campaign is supposed to be 'Videocon D2H: Direct Hai, Correct Hai' and that the company is planning to spend a whopping Rs. 100 crore for the ad campaign for a period of one year! Rumors also have it that Abhishek was paid a whopping amount for the said deal.
What's interesting in the DTH space is that, while Abhishek Bachchan gets chosen as the Brand Ambassador of Videocon DTH, its is Shah Rukh Khan is endorsing Zee's DTH brand 'Dish TV', while it is the never-say-old Papa Bachchan, who was endorsing Reliance Communications' DTH venture Big TV! All in all, the eyeball wars are now more 'Direct'. What say, Abhishek?