TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Veteran actor-producer Sujit Kumar, who worked in innumerable Hindi films, and was also the first superstar of Bhojpuri cinema in his heydays, passed away. The 75-year-old actor was suffering from cancer. Kumar was well-known for producing mega films like Khel (starring Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit), Champion (Sunny Deol, Manisha Koirala) and Aetbaar (Amitabh Bachchan, John Abraham, and Bipasha Basu).Right from 1960s to1990s, Kumar was one of the most visible and reliable character actors in Bollywood.
Sujit Kumar"s screen image remains of the guy playing the mouth organ while driving a jeep as Rajesh Khanna serenaded Sharmila Tagore in the 1969 superhit, Aradhana. He was seen in many films starring Rajesh Khanna (Haathi Mere Saathi, Amar Prem, Mehbooba and Roti), Amitabh Bachchan (The Great Gambler, Adalat) and Dharmendra (Jugnu, Dharamveer, Charas, Dream Girl). He did comic as well as villain roles.
He is survived by his son Jatin Kumar and daughter Henna. A chautha ceremony (condolence meeting) take place on February 8, 2010, at the Indian Medical Association, Besides PVR Cinema, Juhu, Mumbai. Sujit Kumar belongs to a village near Varanasi, has acted in at least 150 Hindi films and over 20 Bhojpuri films. Among all his roles, more well-known role was that of a spy in Ramanand Sagar"s Aankein. He was also seen in Dev Anand"s Des Pardes.