»   »   »  Akshay pokes fun at corrupt politicians

Akshay pokes fun at corrupt politicians

By By: Upala Kbr, mid-day
Subscribe to Filmibeat
For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

    Akshay Kumar recently shot for Khatta Meetha's most controversial song, 'Bull Shit', poking fun at corrupt politicians. While listening to a speech, his character - Sachin Tichkule - who is in the audience, starts coughing. When asked why, he says that he allergic to bullshit.

    Says a source, "Akki plays a corrupt road contractor. He used to be a Gandhiwadi in college but the system made him corrupt. In the song, he takes off on corrupt politicians. When the mantris give speeches, making tall promises, Akshay says 'I don't like bullshit!'"

    The source continues, "Akshay feels that the roads of our country and in Mumbai are in a deplorable state with potholes and are an impediment to progress. He feels India can do so much better if the roads are better developed. Through 'Bull Shit', the Khiladi has taken on the system."

    He recently shot for the song. After the actor and director Priyadarshan saw the first rushes of Khatta Meetha, they realised that it needed a theme song. "That's when 'Bull Shit' happened. Akki conceptualized it. It's a bold and controversial song and politicians will definitely get upset after seeing it." The song has been choreographed by Ganesh Acharya who calls it a 'song with a message.'

    Priyan adds, "I read an interesting survey that revealed that only 30 per cent out of the budget allocated is spent on development of infrastructure while the remaining 70 per cent goes into the pockets of different people like politicians, administration and bureaucracy. Khatta Meetha is a satire and I wanted to use the word 'bullshit' to hit out as hard as possible. 'Bakwaas' may not have that power. The Censors can't delete the word as it is used in the dictionary, and is not banned. It's a gaali allowed within limits."

    He isn't worried about backlash from the netas, "Let them get upset. Those politicians who haven't done any work are the ones who will get upset. If you have done something for your country you won't be guilty and react."

    I am allergic to Bull Shit (2)
    Bull Shit-bull shit-bull shit
    Mujhse bole mantri ji,
    Desh main hai bolne ki,
    Poori poori har kissi ko full azaadi
    Mujhse bole mantri ji,
    Desh main hai full azaadi,
    Mantriji se main bolaaaaa...
    Yahan bolne ki azaadi toh hai, par bolne ke baad azaadi nahi hai...
    Sarak aur bridge banainge (Bull Shit)
    Traffic main nahi phasain ge (Bull Shit)
    Waqt pe kaam honge (Bull Shit)

    Get all the buzzing scoop from the world of entertainment - Filmibeat

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Filmibeat sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Filmibeat website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more