TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Piracy is the biggest threat to the film industry, causing loss of revenue in millions. The film industry is battling hard to combat this cancerous disease.
The latest film that has been hit by the piracy plague is the upcoming Sonam Kapoor-Imran Khan starrer I Hate Luv Storys. The music of the film is officially scheduled to release on May 27. However, the entire album of I Hate Luv Storys has been leaked online.
CEO of Dharma Productions said, "Well this was bound to happen. In fact to be frank the music of the film will release on the 27th, however, that will be the physical copy (of the album) while on the other hand, the digital version is already up and running on various foreign sites and carriers. So if there was a leak, it has happened from there."
He adds, "We have given a date of May 27th keeping in mind that the music releases in big cities first, then smaller towns and later in other places. So by the 27th the whole of India will have the music of the film, in simpler terms this is what we call as a staggered release and hence give a later date when all cities and towns will have it."
So, does this leak affect the music release plans? Comments Shridhar Subramanium from Sony, "We can't say that it has spoilt the release plans unless we actually had planned something big, in which case the music would have released by now, with the online and digital copies. So though the music may have leaked, it hasn't affected us in anyway since we are just two days away from the official release."
However, since the production house didn't reveal any details of the online carriers which officially released the music of I Hate Luv Storys, it can be said that piracy has surely hit the music of one of the highly anticipated films of this year in a big way.