TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Nokia 7.1 Plus Will Launch On 16th Of October For Rs 27,000
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- Can Using Hot Tub Cause A Miscarriage?
- From Salman Targeting Karanvir To Eliminating Neha To Save Sree-Reasons Why BB 12 Is UNFAIR & BIASED
- MG Motors India Plans Revealed — Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its Entry In 2019
Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has once again requested the French government to postpone the 'Knight of the Order of Arts' award ceremony. The pregnant Bollywood actress expressed shock over the serial bomb blasts in Mumbai yesterday evening (13th July). She says that it is not the time to celebrate.
Talking to the media in Delhi, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan said, "We're very shocked with the news of the blast. Our prayers are with the people affected. It is important for us Indians to stand strong and tell the perpetrators of terrorism that they cannot shake us. We believe that justice will be done. We pray for the victims and their families."
Abhishek Bachchan's pregnant wife was to receive the French honour in the national capital. But she postponed the award ceremony after the news of the Mumbai blast broke. Aishwarya said, "We're very shocked and saddened by the Mumbai Blasts that we just heard about. This isn't the time to celebrate. Me and my family felt it was correct to request the French ambassador to postpone the ceremony to some other time."
However, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was conferred with 'Officer Dan Ordre Des Arts Et Des Lettres' (Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters) in 2008 and this is the second highest civilian honour given by the French government. But Ash had refused to accept the award at the time as her father was unwell. She had said that she wanted her entire family.