TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Aamir Khan most talked about production of the year 2010, Peepli Live fails to make it to the final nine official entry to the Oscars under the Best Foreign Language Film.
The film had made its way to the selection for Oscars as the one Indian film to represent India in the international entertainment world after leaving behind 27 films including Raajneeti and Udaan in the race. However, it lost out at the final nine nominations for the award.
Aamir earlier had made it to the nominations of Oscars with his historic film Lagaan in the year 2001, however his film Taare Zameen Par in the year 2007 had also lost the race at the Oscars. Peepli Live directed by debutant Anushka Rizvi is a satire on the ways and tricks of media and on farmer suicide.
The Oscar body selected nine films for the final nominations after looking at the top 66 films that had been selected. The 9 nominations will further be cut down to final five nomination by the Academy voters. The 83rd Academy Awards will be held on February 27, 2011(Sunday), at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.