TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
When the entire world bids a final goodbye to the lively veteran Shammi Kapoor, his co-star Mumtaz recalls that the actor was 'breathtakingly handsome'. Kapoor, who fell in love with Nadia Gamal, a belly dancer he met in Ceylon, also proposed to marry co-star Mumtaz, after the death of his first wife Geeta Bali.
Mumtaz told Mumbau Mirror, "Aisa nahin tha (It was not like that). But yes, he wanted to marry me." The actress, who started her career with the 'dancing star' in Brahmachari and later married to an industrialist Mayur Wadhwani recalls the moments she spent with the charming Shamiji.
"I was only 18-years-old when he told me that he wanted to settle down with me. I was getting several film offers and I didn't want to marry so early in my life," she explained. Revealing further that her denial did not result into a sour relationship between them. "It was a very straightforward thing. He proposed and I politely said 'No'. That was it. I respected him a lot. We all will miss him," says Mumtaz.
The actress accepts that Shammi Kapoor was a very nice human being and a great actor. Talking about Kapoor, she couldn't help reveal her feelings, Mumtaz says that she found him very handsome and charming, "There were only two good looking men in the industry in those days - Feroz Khan and Shammi Kapoor. Dharmendra also can be added to the list. But Shammi was breathtakingly handsome, no doubt about it. Aaj kal ke heroes itne achche nahin dikhte"