TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Wrestler turned actor Dara Singh died in the early hours of morning today. The 84-year-old veteran was admitted to Kokilaben Hospital in an emergency condition on July 7. He had suffered a cardiac arrest and since then he had been in the ICU.
Dara Singh, who had been battling for his life in a city hospital for four days, was last night shifted back home after doctors said he has "less chance of recovery" due to significant damage to his brain. "He is already home. Please don't follow us. When he breathes his last, I'll let you know. There is no hope," his son Vindu Dara Singh had told reporters.
Dr Ram Narain of Kokilaben Hospital had earlier told the PTI, "We had done a MRI and it shows significant damage to his brain due to decreased oxygen supply to brain, when he had a cardiac arrest. There is less chance that he will recover. Chances of him regaining consciousness are also less."
The Commonwealth wrestling champion entered film industry in the fifties and is known for his roles in King Kong and Faulad. He was last seen in Imtiaz Ali's Jab We Met (2007) playing Kareena Kapoor's grandfather. The veteran actor had played the character of Hanuman in Ramanand Sagar's epic television series Ramayan.