- Sunil Grover Bags Bollywood Biggie, To Play Salman Khan’s Friend In The Film Bharat!
- Meghan Markle Will Be A Princess For The People: Priyanka Chopra
- Priyanka Chopra Shows What A Good 'Friend' She Is To Deepika Padukone!
- Priyanka Chopra: I Came From A Family Where Everyone Questioned My Decision To Become An Actor
- NOT Ranbir Kapoor! Ileana D'Cruz Was Supposed To Make Her Bollywood Debut Opposite Salman Khan
"I am very sad about it. We as a team are sad about it. But I am glad the film was considered and sent as India's official entry to the Oscars. It was a very special film for us. We made it from the heart and I am really happy for the kind of response I've got for Jhilmil's character," Priyanka told PTI.
Her role as an autistic girl earned rave reviews from critics and audiences alike and the film also enjoyed a good box office collection. "I was very nervous about playing a differently-abled person. It could have been a caricature or it could have looked fake. I am grateful people have seen it for what we were trying it to be," she said.
The film recently had its premiere at the Marrakech film festival, where a number of fans had gathered to catch a glimpse of the film's stars. "It was an amazing premiere at Marrakech, there were thousands of people standing in the cold. It was really great." The actress has a number of projects at hand now, including the Mary Kom biopic being made by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
"I'll start work on the Mary Kom project in mid-next year and I have to begin training for that. I have met her and she is very involved with the project because the film is inspired by her life. She is a great girl, so much fun and has been very helpful so far," said Priyanka.