TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Despite the fact that a lot of singers enter filmdom every year, Shreya says there is opportunity for everyone. "I think today there is space and work available for everyone out here. Earlier the scenario was different. Like there was a time when there was monopoly, only two or three singers would get to sing...it was difficult that time," Shreya said in an interview in Mumbai.
"But today the emphasis is on newness, novelty, so there is room for everyone," she said. Though untrained singers try and become part of the industry, they get caught. "Sometimes untrained voices too come in. But when they sing live...they get caught...as you know what the actual scene is. The good ones survive and will remain here," she said.
Shreya, who has given hit songs like 'Zoobi Doobi', 'Shukhran Allah', 'Bairi Piya', 'Noor-E-Khuda', 'Tere Mast Mast Do Nain', 'Nainon Mein Sapna', 'Go Go Govinda', 'Ooh La La' and others, is happy the way her career has shaped up till now. She has sung for upcoming films like Aashiqui 2, Go Goa Gone and Happy New Year. "I am getting to sing good songs and I am happy that audience like it. I don't know if this is the peak point (of my career) now because you can never tell anything when it comes to art, especially in the music world. Like what may work today may not click tomorrow," she said.
Shreya is all praise for the new bunch of talent in music industry like composers like Amit Trivedi, who has given music for Dev D, Wake Up Sid, Udaan, Ishaqzaade, English Vinglish and others. She is also appreciative of singers Shalmali Kholgade, who sang 'Pareshaan', 'Daaru Desi' and 'Lat Lag Gayi', Shilpa Rao who has to her credit songs like 'Khuda Jaane', 'Yaariyaan', 'Allah Maaf Kare', 'Ishq Shava' and others, and Neeti Mohan, who has sung 'Ishq Wala Love' and 'Jiya Re'. "I think they are all amazing. I keep learning from all of them subconsciously as I hear all kinds of music," she said.