- 27 Years Of Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin: Pooja Bhatt Reveals She Changed Outfits In A Fisherwoman’s Hut
- Aamir Khan & Karan Johar To Come Together For Osho Biopic?
- After Sanju, Ranbir Kapoor To Sign Another Movie With Rajkumar Hirani?
- Aamir Khan Called Rani Mukerji A 'Buddhi' After Watching Hichki & Here's How She Reacted!
- SANJU EFFECT: Aamir Khan Asked Sanjay Dutt To Meet Him Immediately & They Ended Up CRYING TOGETHER
- Sanju: Manisha Koirala Takes A Sly Dig At Salman, Shahrukh & Aamir Khan While Praising Ranbir Kapoor
Bollywood actor Aamir Khan has romanced in several songs with his heroines but Mr. Perfectionist now feels some of his songs portrayed women in a wrong way.
Aamir Khan pointed out some Bollywood songs from old days and said that those songs send a wrong message.
Aamir Khan is all set with his upcoming movie PK but the actor is not so happy being part of some Bollywood songs in the past. Aamir Khan asserted that songs like 'Tu cheez badi has mast mast' from the film Mohra and 'Khambe jaisi khadi hai' from his own film Dil, send a wrong message about women.
Aamir Khan who is known for his awareness towards social work was asked about his idea on portrayal of women in Hindi films and he said, "I admit that Hindi films have been irresponsible in terms of portrayal of women."
The PK actor further added, "It sends out a very wrong message. Songs like 'Tu cheez badi hai mast mast' and 'Khambe jaisi khadi hai' are not good. We should respect sentiments of women. I accept my own hand in it but I will try not to do this now. I will take this up with my friends and be sensitive henceforth."
Well, it's indeed true that Hindi films generally did not contribute much to women empowerment in the early days but it's good that A-listed stars are now thinking to make a change.