- 27 Years Of Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin: Pooja Bhatt Reveals She Changed Outfits In A Fisherwoman’s Hut
- Aamir Khan & Karan Johar To Come Together For Osho Biopic?
- After Sanju, Ranbir Kapoor To Sign Another Movie With Rajkumar Hirani?
- Aamir Khan Called Rani Mukerji A 'Buddhi' After Watching Hichki & Here's How She Reacted!
- SANJU EFFECT: Aamir Khan Asked Sanjay Dutt To Meet Him Immediately & They Ended Up CRYING TOGETHER
- Sanju: Manisha Koirala Takes A Sly Dig At Salman, Shahrukh & Aamir Khan While Praising Ranbir Kapoor
Superstar Aamir Khan, who has left many intrigued and many ridiculing him over his nude look in the poster of his upcoming film PK, says it's not for publicity. Calling it "key art", he says it depicts the story of the film.
The poster of Rajkumar Hirani's P" features Aamir posing nude with a strategically placed boombox hiding his modesty. While some appreciated the dare bare act, some even criticised it and even called it a "publicity stunt".
Talking about it, Aamir said, "When you (audience) will watch the film then only you will be able to understand the idea behind (the poster). But I would just like to say that the kind of filmmaker, the kind of writer Rajkumar is, he always tries to present the things, his thinking, in a unique way and that's why I am his huge fan."
Aamir spoke on the sidelines of a screening of Marathi film Saturday Sunday here Wednesday.
Citing the example of the poster of one of his past production and directorial debut, Taare Zameen Par, he said, "In the poster of 'Taare Zameen Par', the child (actor Darsheel Safary) is sitting in the front on the school bench and I am sitting behind him. So it is a kind of key art...the image that tells you much about the story and so is the poster of 'PK'."
"This is not for publicity, not for us atleast. Infact, this poster embibes all the elements of the film."
Meanwhile, a case was also filed in a court in Kanpur recently against Aamir, director Rajkumar Hirani and producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra. They were accused of promoting nudity and vulgarity through PK poster.
However, the actor is hopeful that everything will get clear once people watch the film when it releases in December.
"We are getting a mixed response from the people. But I feel that when they will watch the film, their doubts will get cleared," the 49-year-old said.
PK also features actor Sanjay Dutt, Anushka Sharma and Sushant Singh Rajput.