- 27 Years Of Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin: Pooja Bhatt Reveals She Changed Outfits In A Fisherwoman’s Hut
- Aamir Khan & Karan Johar To Come Together For Osho Biopic?
- After Sanju, Ranbir Kapoor To Sign Another Movie With Rajkumar Hirani?
- Aamir Khan Called Rani Mukerji A 'Buddhi' After Watching Hichki & Here's How She Reacted!
- SANJU EFFECT: Aamir Khan Asked Sanjay Dutt To Meet Him Immediately & They Ended Up CRYING TOGETHER
- Sanju: Manisha Koirala Takes A Sly Dig At Salman, Shahrukh & Aamir Khan While Praising Ranbir Kapoor
Organisers of Mumbai Film Festival said the annual Mumbai Film Festival will be held as scheduled between October 14 and October 21, ending the days of uncertainty. A campaign on social media helped the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI), the festival organisers, overcome the financial crisis they faced after their contract with Reliance Entertainment ended in February.
"Since then, we were searching for the new sponsor. But we were unsuccessful," said festival director Srinivasan Narayan.
This social media awareness made even Bollywood actor Aamir Khan to donate. He has gone ahead and donated 11 lakhs from his side. The actor took it to his Twitter account and tweeted, "Hey guys, the Mumbai Film Festival 'MIFF' needs our help. I'm donating 11 lakhs."
The social media campaign helped the organisers raise Rs 1.5 crore in just two days.
"The festival has become an integral part of our cinema heritage and as an industry, we need to come together to raise it to new heights and nurture it together," said Mr. Khattar of Cinestaan Film Company.
Producer-directors Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Rajkumar Hirani, producers Manish Mundra, Vivek Kajaria and Nilesh Navlakha, director Hansal Mehta and noted author and critic Anupama Chopra too have all come forward to support.
Hey guys, the Mumbai Film Festival 'MIFF' needs our help. I'm donating 11 lakhs.— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) September 4, 2014
would be really great if all of you came forward and donated as much as you can to make it happen! Thanks. Love. a http://t.co/DAD6E4jSwe— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) September 4, 2014