- After Sanju, Ranbir Kapoor To Sign Another Movie With Rajkumar Hirani?
- Aamir Khan's Dangal To Overtake PK's Box Office Collection?
- Hrithik Roshan Will Compete With Aamir Khan On Mohenjo Daro!
- 20 Surprisingly Rare Pictures Of Aamir Khan!
- Is The Future Still Bright For Sanjay Dutt In Bollywood?
- Finally! Salman Khan Starrer Sultan Gets Its New Heroine
The VHP has said Aamir Khan's movie PK has several scenes that hurt religious sentiments of Hindus and has written to the information and broadcasting ministry demanding a curb on such movies and "changing the character of the censor board".
In a letter to the ministry, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad said, "the movie has been made to hurt and provoke Hindu religious sentiments".
The letter, signed by VHP spokespersons Vinod Bansal and Vijay Shankar Tiwari, referred to some scenes in the movie and said some similar movies "targeting Hindu practices" have been made in the past which have been ignored by the censor board.
"It is requested that such films are stopped and character of institutions like censor board, which approve such movies, is corrected," the letter said.
Bansal said police complaints have been filed in many parts of the country against the movie by people who have taken objection to its contents.
However, senior BJP leader L.K. Advani has hailed the movie as a "wonderful and courageous film". A movie buff, Advani recently watched the film directed by Rajkumar Hirani.