- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit To Play A Courtesan, Sanjay Dutt Turns Raja?
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit To Play Alia Bhatt's Dance Teacher In This Sanjay Dutt- Varun Dhawan Film?
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit Begins Shooting For This Sanjay, Varun, Alia, Sonakshi & Aditya Starrer!
- Karan Johar Becomes Bollywood's First Director To Have His Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Kalank: Sanjay Dutt & Madhuri Dixit Reunite, Film Also Stars Varun, Alia, Aditya & Sonakshi!
- INSIDE SCOOP! Aditya Roy Kapur & Kriti Sanon To Star In Mohit Suri's Edgy Thriller?
Having started his film journey with supporting parts, Aditya Roy Kapur's career took a 360 degree turn post the success of his solo-hero movie 'Aashiqui 2' and the actor says he was always confident of getting his big break as a lead in Bollywood.
During the initial years of his career, the 28-year-old actor played minor roles in films like 'London Dreams', 'Action Replayy', 'Guzaarish' and also earned praise for his role in 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani'.
But it was Mohit Suri's romantic drama 'Aashiqui 2' that introduced Aditya as a lead hero in Bollywood.
"I was never disheartened that I did not get solo hero movies. At the end of the day everyone wants a commercially viable hero. So I could not blame them they did not to see me in that space in order to give me an opportunity," Aditya told PTI.
"Even when I was doing supporting roles I always had this belief that one day the opportunity to play a lead would come my way. I was confident that I would get my chance as well," he added.
'Aashiqui 2' was one of the highest grossing Hindi films of 2013 and Aditya, who played an alcohol addict singer in it, says people's perception about him as an actor has changed completely after the movie.
"I am looked in completely different light... as a solo hero. A film like 'Aashiqui 2' needed to happen for people to see me in the capacity of a hero. I am getting a lot of opportunities as people have recognised the potential in me," the actor said.
Aditya is awaiting the release of 'Daawat-e-Ishq', his second film as a lead hero, in which he has donned a Lucknowi chef's avatar and will be seen romancing Parineeti Chopra.