- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit To Play A Courtesan, Sanjay Dutt Turns Raja?
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit To Play Alia Bhatt's Dance Teacher In This Sanjay Dutt- Varun Dhawan Film?
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit Begins Shooting For This Sanjay, Varun, Alia, Sonakshi & Aditya Starrer!
- Karan Johar Becomes Bollywood's First Director To Have His Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Kalank: Sanjay Dutt & Madhuri Dixit Reunite, Film Also Stars Varun, Alia, Aditya & Sonakshi!
- INSIDE SCOOP! Aditya Roy Kapur & Kriti Sanon To Star In Mohit Suri's Edgy Thriller?
He played the role of an alcoholic in his last two films Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and Aashiqui 2, but Aditya Roy Kapur is glad that in his next film Daawat-E-Ishq, he is only 'high' on food.
In both his past films, the 28-year-old actor was seen playing characters addicted to alcohol, and he pulled it off well. Now, Daawat-E-Ishq, directed by Habib Faisal, will see him play a cook from Lucknow and Parineeti Chopra plays his love interest.
"I guess I am good at playing a bevda (drunkard). But I don't want the roles in which I am required to a play an alcoholic anymore. I think I should include it in my contracts. But in this film ('Daawat-e-Ishq'), my character is high on food," Aditya said here Thursday evening.
He was in the capital with Parineeti to launch the first song of the movie, produced by Yash Raj Films. Talking about his character, Aditya disclosed that he plays Tariq, a happy-go-lucky man. "In the last films, I feel my characters have had a very serious undertone. In this film, I play a happy soul... He is guy with a big heart. I am glad that I got to work with Habib who has seen so much in the world and it is because of him that I was able to play this character," he said.
There's also something Aditya has done in the film that he's not done before many times. "I haven't done much song and dance (sequences) in my previous films, and always tried to be in the corner of the frame whenever there was a song. But in this film, I have tried to dance and it was fun. But yes, I had to rehearse a lot," he said.
Daawat-e-Ishq, releasing Sep 5, also stars Anupam Kher and TV actor Karan Wahi.