- BRAVO! Akshay Kumar Takes A Strong Stand, Demands Respect For Actresses In Film Industry
- A First For Akshay Kumar! Superstar To Play Warrior King Prithviraj Chauhan In Yash Raj Film's Next?
- Akshay Kumar's Gold's Trailer To Be Attached To Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju
- The New Still Of Akshay Kumar's Gold Evokes Patriotism Amongst The Audience!
- When ‘Bobby Deol & Twinkle Khanna Caught Sun-bathing Together' Rumour Made Akshay Kumar Insecure
- Salman Khan Says Bobby Deol Was A Bigger Star Than Akshay Kumar; Reveals How Tables Turned For Them
- Fight Brewing Between John Abraham & Akshay Kumar? The Truth Is Finally Out!
- Akshay Kumar: Need To Sensitise Young Boys About Menstruation, make Them Watch Pad Man
- John Abraham On Garam Masala 2: I Have Discussed It With Akshay Kumar
- Akshay Kumar's Next To Revolve Around The Plight Of Farmers? He Calls It Lakhpati Kisaan!
- Controversy Over Rustom Costume: Akshay Kumar Says He Will Support His Wife Twinkle Khanna
- Fire Breaks Out On Sets Of Akshay Kumar Starrer 'Kesari' In Maharashtra
Bollywood's action king Akshay Kumar has started a school along with Aditya Thackeray to train women in self-defence. Akshay says the initiative is not for personal gain, but to give back to the society.
"We are here to give something to the society. There is no monetary gain from it. I am doing it because I have earned a lot in life due to martial arts and it is my way to give back (to the society," the actor, who is trained in martial arts and has a black belt in taekwondo, told on Friday.
"Whenever I will get time and if I'm in Mumbai, I would teach martial arts to them (the women). Like, I am starting the whole thing July 29," said the actor, who is set to go away on a holiday soon, to return in time for the training sessions.
Akshay Kumar has also promised active participation in the training sessions. Akshay's latest film Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty released on Friday, and he will soon be seen in Prabhu Deva's Singh Is Bling with Kareena Kapoor.
See the pics and know more about Akshay and his love for martial arts.
John Abraham gifted Akshay a bike after their success film Housefull 2. John said, “Akshay likes black colour for motorcycles, and I also believe black is beautiful. So I’ve chosen this colour for his bike."
“I came into the film industry knowing only martial arts. Now I am doing as much as I can in return,” Akshay said.
"This day has been a longstanding dream. Karate, along with my father, has made me what I am today. Goju Ryu karate has been the longest love of my life", Akshay Kumar said.
"My love for sports will never die. I love martial arts and I want to promote it in whichever way I can. I am a fighter first, then an actor."
Akshay And Twinkle Khanna
Akshay and Twinkle Khanna are married and have two children.
Singh Is Bling
Kareena-Akshay team up for Prabhu Deva's Singh Is Bling.