- OUCH! Sidharth Malhotra Confirms His Break-up With Alia Bhatt Brutally; Says Perfect Girl's A Cheat
- INSIDE PICS! Alia Bhatt Had A 'Working' Birthday But We Are Jealous Of Her
- Dear Alia Bhatt, A 25 Year Old Fan Girl Wants To Celebrate YOU & Be Like You - Flawed Yet Perfect
- EMOTIONAL! Alia Bhatt's Mother Soni Razdan Reveals The Reason Behind Her Daughter's Name
- Mashallah! Alia Bhatt Turns Burqa Clad & We're Totally Swooning Over Her New Avatar From Raazi
- THE TRUTH IS OUT! Alia Bhatt REACTS To Rumours About Dating Her 'Brahmastra' Co-Star Ranbir Kapoor
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan's Badrinath Ki Dulhania First Look Is Out! Looks Vibrant & Desi
Bollywood's young star Alia Bhatt put up a confident front while walking a three-ramp set-up in a lehenga as heavy as over 20 kg, for ace designer Manish Malhotra's show at the Shree Raj Mahal Jewellers India Couture Week. She said she was nervous as she's usually clumsy.
"I get very nervous. I am not the best walker. I am a very clumsy human being, I fall (while) standing, so walking on the ramp wearing (an outfit of) almost 25 kg and high heels, looking good, posing and smiling while people are clapping...I think it's nerve wrecking, but I think it's the best two minutes," Alia told reporters post the show.
With minimalist make-up, a roughly done-up hairdo and no jewellery, Alia carried the red bridal wear couture outfit, adorned by vintage gold embroidery, with aplomb Saturday night.
Adding more Bollywood flavour on the ramp was Aashiqui 2 actor Aditya Roy Kapur, while off the stage and in the audience were names like Urmila Matondkar and Huma Qureshi.
Alia is fresh out of tasting success with her latest Hindi film Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, in which her character is hell-bent on getting a lehenga worn by Kareena Kapoor in a film. Here, she was happy that in real life, she was getting a chance to walk for Malhotra, who is one of Bollywood's favourite designers and has been responsible to lend a makeover to many of Hindi cinema's heroines.
"I think when you're walking in a Manish Malhotra outfit, it's a big day. It's a special day. I was telling someone that I am very happy that my film has done well, but I'm happier to be walking for Manish. It's a great achievement," Alia said.
She also recalled a time when she was in the audience for a Manish Malhotra show.
"I was here two years back and Katrina (Kaif) was walking the ramp. I was sitting in the audience with Karan (Johar) and was thinking, 'How do people walk?'
"I remember Katrina was sitting and her outfit looked heavy. I had no idea then how heavy it was but when you walk yourself, you realise how heavy it is. But it's beautiful, I loved it," she added.