- Rishi Kapoor Calls Donald Trump A CLOWN & Praises Kim Jong Un!
- Pre-Birthday Special! Kareena Kapoor Meets Sonam Kapoor In London
- Here's What Sonam Kapoor Plans To Do On Her Birthday Along With Hubby Anand Ahuja
- Did Harshvardhan Kapoor INSULT His Sisters Sonam & Rhea Kapoor? Gets SLAMMED For His Awful Reply!
- Veere Di Wedding Box Office Report! Kareena-Sonam Film Passes The Crucial Monday Test
- Deepika Padukone Trying To Make It Up To Sonam Kapoor After Ditching Her Wedding? Look What She Did!
While, the film Khoobsurat directed by Shashanka Ghosh did moderate business at the Indian Box Office, it seems the movie and Sonam Kapoor have been well appreciated in New York.
One of the leading publications in America, The New York Times not only spoke well about Khoobsurat but has also compared Sonam with Hollywood actresses, Julia Roberts and Anne Hathaway. However, the publication throws a pinch to Bollywood adding that Bollywood has been copying Hollywood films since years.
According to The New York Times, "Anne Hathaway made a splash in Disney's The Princess Diaries and the rangy Ms. Kapoor (who descends from a Bollywood dynasty) shares some of her early incandescence, along with a Julia Robets-like smile."
The publication added, "Bollywood films have appropriated Hollywood genres and imagery for years, but Mr. Ghosh, using a pleasing pastel palette, deftly achieves a particularly Disney-like polish. And he avoids making-of-a-royal pitfalls: Sonam's character never abandons her humour for refinement. Twice, Mili says that she was raised to speak up for herself. Not a bad characteristic for a future Rajpur princess."
Well, good news for Sonam and Khoobsurat but definitely not a positive one for Bollywood as a whole.