- Amitabh Bachchan On 102 Not Out: My Family Really Liked The Film, The Children Loved It
- 40 Years Of Amitabh Bachchan's Don: A Film Rejected By Dharmendra & Dev Anand & Accepted By Audience
- Rishi Kapoor: This Is An Era Of Actors, Non Actors Won’t Survive!
- Grand As Shahrukh's Mannat! Sonam Kapoor's BF Anand Ahuja's Bungalow Is COSTLIER Than The Bachchans
- 102 Not Out Review: Amitabh Bachchan & Rishi Kapoor Win This Match With Their First-Rate Innings!
- Rekha Comes Between Jaya & Aishwarya Rai Bachchan? Her PDA For Amitabh Bachchan IRRITATES His Family
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan was today back to the city from where he started his celluloid journey, riding a bicycle past the iconic Writers' Building here.
Wearing a loose cap, which covered part of his bearded face and with a pot belly, Bachchan was shooting for Shoojit Sircar's upcoming flim 'Piku' which explores father-daughter relationship.
While Bachchan will play the role of the father, Deepika Padukone, who will be teaming up with him for the first time, will essay the role of his daughter.
The day being a Sunday, the busy B B D Bagh area, which is the central business district of Kolkata, was deserted and Bachchan cycled with ease in front of the majestic gothic-styled Writers' Building. Incidentally, the Writers' Building being a high security area is a no-cycle zone.
The 72-year-old actor also cycled for a small stretch on the Red Cross Place which is flanked by imposing colonial buildings on both sides. As he cycled, dressed in a pink kurta with a blue sweater over it and sporting a hearing aid, lensmen stood on the roadside taking his photos.
Sircar, who has to his credits films like 'Vicky Donor' and 'Madras Cafe', was present throughout the shooting, which soon attracted a number of spectators.
Bachchan has a long-standing relation with the city as it was from here that he went to Bollywood. He wrote on Twitter this morning 'In 'PIKU land' ... !! Too many memories flashing by as the drive from the airport ends .. but so much more to come in the days ahead. Kolkata shall always hold a special place and space within...a 'city of joy' that energises you with intellect and passion !!"
Bachchan was the chief guest at the annual Kolkata Film Festival last year and is expected to be present at the inaugural programme of the festival this year too when its 20th edition begins on November 10.
He is likely to attend the programme along with wife Jaya, daughter-in-law Aishwarya, Shahrukh Khan, Irfan Khan, Deepika Padukone, Shoojit Sircar and Sujoy Ghosh.