- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- Remembering Prakash Mehra! The Man Who Gave Bollywood It's First 'Angry Young Man'
- Brahmastra: Nagarjuna To Make His Comeback In Bollywood With This Ranbir-Alia Starrer?
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Amitabh, Abhishek & Shweta Bachchan Witness France's Victory [View Pic]
- Amitabh Bachchan Has A Funny Take On His Family Picture & We Couldn't Agree More!
- Uh Oh! Amitabh Bachchan Was Mistaken For Salman Khan In Glasgow & Twitteratis Aren't Very Amused!
On the occasion of Harivanshrai Bachchan's 107th birth anniversary, his son and megastar Amitabh Bachchan called him a 'unique genius', and also remembered one time when the noted poet called him his 'best poetry'.
"Babuji, my Father born November 27, 1907 tomorrow his birthday! A unique genius...A man of immense letters...words, thoughts and several unknown deeds...born and brought up in extreme poverty...earning his living with Rs.20 per month...and then creating some of the most extraordinary writings in literary India," Amitabh Bachchan posted on his official blog srbachchan.tumblr.com on Wednesday.
"My Father...who dedicated one of his comments to me ...'Amitabh is my best poetry'," the actor added. The 72-year-old star is often seen reciting his father's popular works 'Madhushala' and 'Madhukalash'. The actor heaped praises on his dad's work in his blog.
"A man of immense will power... stories of which I have narrated earlier... a man who designed his own tunes to his poems and sang them himself to lakhs of captivated audiences the world over," Amitabh Bachchan posted.
Amitabh, who enjoys a wide fan base and is called the 'Shahenshah' of Bollywood, also recalled his humble roots. "They brought me home wrapped in a 'gudadi', a very rough clothing cheap, in a 'tonga', a horse driven carriage, an earlier substitute for a taxi or an auto rickshaw or even a rickshaw peddled by man...rickshaws in Kolkata are pulled by men, physically," he said.