- HIDDEN MOTIVE? Rekha Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan To Be In Good Books Of Amitabh Bachchan's Family
- Amitabh Bachchan: It Takes Hard Work To Survive & Breathe!
- Amitabh Bachchan Calls '60 Year' Copyright Rule Rubbish, Lashes Out Against It
- Aamir Khan On His Birthday: I Was Wishing Amitabh Bachchan Should Wish Me First And He Did
- Aamir Khan Celebrates His Birthday With Thugs Of Hindostan Cast In Jodhpur!
- Amitabh Bachchan In Pain Because Of Heavy Thugs Of Hindostan Costumes; Says He's Fine Now
- Forget Ranveer! Deepika Padukone Was Paid Higher Than Megastar Amitabh Bachchan In Piku!
Ringed by a circle of admirers at the crack of dawn Friday, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan shot for the movie Piku at the British-era Howrah Bridge here and thanked the local police for its efficient management.
The Bridge, Kolkata's iconic landmark that serves as a crucial gateway for the eastern metropolis and ferries hundreds of thousands of vehicles every day, was abuzz with a different kind of excitement on Friday.
"Up at 4 am .. at Howrah Bridge !! Sympathetic crowds, love and affection and the superb management of the local POLICE ! Thank you !," the 71-year-old actor tweeted.
Over the years, the bridge has become a symbol of Kolkata and featured in numerous films by Satyajit Ray, Ritwik Ghatak, Mrinal Sen, Raj Kapoor, Roland Joffe and Mira Nair.
Shoojit Sircar's Piku has generated tremendous curiosity among the public and anticipations run high.