- Aishwarya Rai Remembers Nelson Mandela On His 100th Birth Anniversary, Shares A Throwback Picture!
- Bank Union: Amitabh Bachchan & Shweta Nanda’s Jewellery Ad Is Disgusting & Derogatory
- Amitabh Bachchan-Shweta Bachchan's First Ad Is Going Viral For All The Emotional Reasons!
- Abhishek Bachchan Looks Super Happy As He Joins Wife Aishwarya & Daughter Aaradhya For A Vacation!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- Remembering Prakash Mehra! The Man Who Gave Bollywood It's First 'Angry Young Man'
Ringed by a circle of admirers at the crack of dawn Friday, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan shot for the movie Piku at the British-era Howrah Bridge here and thanked the local police for its efficient management.
The Bridge, Kolkata's iconic landmark that serves as a crucial gateway for the eastern metropolis and ferries hundreds of thousands of vehicles every day, was abuzz with a different kind of excitement on Friday.
"Up at 4 am .. at Howrah Bridge !! Sympathetic crowds, love and affection and the superb management of the local POLICE ! Thank you !," the 71-year-old actor tweeted.
Over the years, the bridge has become a symbol of Kolkata and featured in numerous films by Satyajit Ray, Ritwik Ghatak, Mrinal Sen, Raj Kapoor, Roland Joffe and Mira Nair.
Shoojit Sircar's Piku has generated tremendous curiosity among the public and anticipations run high.