- EXCLUSIVE! Kubbra Sait On Her Love For Mumbai, Playing Cuckoo & Sacred Games Creating History
- Rahul Gandhi Reacts To Sacred Games’ Controversy, Anurag Kashyap & Swara Bhasker Praise Him!
- Kubbra Sait On Shooting Bare Front Scene In Sacred Games; Anurag Kashyap Made Her Cry 7 Times!
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui & Anurag Kashyap Bash Bollywood Hero Salman Khan!
- Sacred Games Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui Talks About His Gangster Character
- Sacred Games Actors Radhika Apte And Saif Ali Khan Go On A Bike Ride!
Film director Anurag Kashyap recently got into a controversy for his comments on rape which created a lot of hullabaloo in the social media.
However, Anurag Kashyap now comes up with a clarification saying that he was misquoted as it was not his personal opinion.
"My whole cpnversation has been reduced to one line that's being knocked around, 'rape is a bad accident says Anurag Kashyap'," said the director.
It was reported in a leading daily that Anurag Kashyap had a chat with a foreign lady who told Anurag as, "Rape is like a bad accident. And people who caused it should be punished because they were power drunk...in a state of intoxication. It should be seen as just that. A very bad accident. But you move on. What we have done is victimised the victim for years. Like her whole sense of honour and self-respect comes from her vagina. What is this notion of 'ijjat loot gayi? (lost honour)".
However, now Anurag Kashyap who made films like Gangs Of Wasseypur, Gulaal and many more clarifies that these were not his words but of a lady he spoke to. Anurag posted on his blog, "No woman invites rape, rape is never ever the woman's fault, and no woman would chose it- if the choice was a viable one. But in a situation where the choice is between life and rape, a woman might just chose the latter. Why is she called stuffs like 'zindaa laash' and why does the entire focus shift to 'honour' rather than 'healing'? To 'punishment' rather than to 'rehabilitation'? When does the male gaze take over, such that even the extent of the victim's physical and mental bruising is decided for her by others?"