- EXCLUSIVE! Kubbra Sait On Her Love For Mumbai, Playing Cuckoo & Sacred Games Creating History
- Rahul Gandhi Reacts To Sacred Games’ Controversy, Anurag Kashyap & Swara Bhasker Praise Him!
- Kubbra Sait On Shooting Bare Front Scene In Sacred Games; Anurag Kashyap Made Her Cry 7 Times!
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui & Anurag Kashyap Bash Bollywood Hero Salman Khan!
- Sacred Games Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui Talks About His Gangster Character
- Sacred Games Actors Radhika Apte And Saif Ali Khan Go On A Bike Ride!
The 30-year-old played Chanda in the modern-day take on Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay's classic Bengali novel 'Devdas'.
"While the producers of Dev D directly contacted me to audition for the role of Chanda, Anurag Kashyap was completely against the idea. After seeing my portfolio, Anurag rejected me stating that I am not an Indian and do not look the role."
"However, the production house secretly auditioned me without informing Anurag and sent him the audition tape for his feedback. After hesitantly agreeing to watch the audition, he was so impressed that he immediately called me and offered me to play the part," Kalki said on a chat show 'The Ride'.
The 2009 hit film was written and directed by Anurag and was produced by Ronnie Screwvala. Kalki and Anurag started dating each other after the film and tied the knot after two years on April 30, 2011.
But the couple got separated late last year citing differences. But the 'Zindagi Na Melegi Dobara' actress said she wishes the best for Anurag.
"There are still some differences between Anurag and me and that equation is complicated. While there are still some unhealed, raw wounds, I respect Anurag and cherish being his friend," she added.
The first episode of 'The Ride' will go on air tomorrow on Pepsi MTV Indies.