- Anushka Sharma Gets A Talking Statue At Madame Tussauds, Is The First Indian To Get The Honour!
- Nirbhaya Case: Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma & Others Hail The Supreme Court's Verdict!
- Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma Were A Part Of MS Dhoni's Birthday Bash & The Pics Are VIRAL!
- Sanju Review: Ranbir Kapoor Hits A Sixer With Rajkumar Hirani's Engaging Storytelling!
- Sanju First Review Out! Ranbir Kapoor Leaves You Speechless With His Award-Winning Performance
- Anushka Sharma & Virat Kohli Land In Legal Trouble, Man Who Threw Garbage Sends Them A Legal Notice
Before you readers think that Anushka Sharma has ended up weighing heavy for her Bombay Velvet, let me end the confusion! The actress who plays the role of a jazz singer in the film Bombay Velvet, has donned an elaborate gown which made her heavier by 35 kgs.
Costume designer Niharika Bhasin Khan has designed a total of 144 outfits for Anushka Sharma in the movie. Anushka Sharma wears a green and gold gown for her entry song in the film. Since the gown had a lot of appilique work, the actress literally needed help to carry it.
"The scene sees her behind the mic in a club. It took her two-and-half hours to dress and two assistants had to carry the train for her. Thankfully she did not have to dance in it," says Niharika.
The critically acclaimed designer who has been associated with Anushka since her Band Baaja Baarat days says, it was not just the weight of the gown which was a challenge.
"The prep was on for a year but the dress was damaged in transit. The upper half was ruined in the Sri Lanka rains. We had to re-do the damaged part," says Niharika.
Produced by Fox Star Studios and Phantom Films, the film, which is currently in post-production, is all set to release on November 28 2014.