TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
The Assam government on Wednesday announced the exemption of entertainment tax on Mary Kom, a new Bollywood movie on the World Champion woman boxer from Manipur.
Assam is the third state to have made the film tax-free after Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh. The film is directed by Omung Kumar, Mary Kom stars Priyanka Chopra in the lead.
"As the movie revolves around boxer Mary Kom, the pride of the northeast and the country as a whole, we have decided to exempt it from entertainment tax," Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said here.
Based on the life of the Olympic bronze medal winner and five-time World Boxing Champion, the film is scheduled for release Sep 5. The special screening to friends, family and a few media people has already happened and all of those who have watched the film have only praises to sing for Priyanka Chopra.
The actress's social networking sites have been bombarded with compliments and appreciation but what's more special is that the actress is taking time and responding to a lot of her fans' tweets. Kudos girl!