- Ranveer Singh: Ranbir Kapoor Rejected Band Baaja Baraat, Aditya Chopra Politely Said I'm Ugly
- INSIDE PICS! Alia Bhatt Had A 'Working' Birthday But We Are Jealous Of Her
- At Some Stage, I Do Want To Make A Documentary: Rajkumar Hirani
- THE TRUTH IS OUT! Alia Bhatt REACTS To Rumours About Dating Her 'Brahmastra' Co-Star Ranbir Kapoor
- Birthday In Bulgaria! Here's How Ranbir Kapoor Will Make Alia Bhatt's Born Day An Extra Special
- She Will NEVER FORGIVE Her! What Deepika Padukone Did To Avoid Ranbir Kapoor's Ex Katrina Kaif
- NOT Ranbir Kapoor! Ileana D'Cruz Was Supposed To Make Her Bollywood Debut Opposite Salman Khan
The UTV Motion Pictures' entertainer is also said to be the first movie of Ranbir, legendary actor-filmmaker Raj Kapoor's grandson, to release in Japan.
"We were looking forward to the release of 'Barfi!' here (in Japan), especially after the movie garnered accolades at the Grand Jury Award at the prestigious Okinawa Film Festival in Japan," Amrita Pandey, vice president and head (Marketing and Distribution) - Studio, Disney India, said in a statement.
"It's always a great feeling when our movies get appreciated even in non-traditional markets. We have in fact worked closely with the distributors to put together a trailer and art work specially to address the Japanese sensibilities and emotions," Pandey added.
The film has released on 10 screens in six Japanese cities - Tokyo, Yokohama, Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto and Fukuoka.
Directed by Anurag Basu, the film has stellar performances by Ranbir, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D 'Cruz and music composed by Pritam.