- Alia Bhatt’s Latest Instagram Posts Are All About Boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor & His EX-GF Katrina Kaif!
- Sanju: Ranbir Kapoor & Karishma Tanna Get Naughty In 'Mujhe Chaand Pe Le Chalo' Song!
- Ranbir Kapoor On His Drinking Habit: I Just Can't Stop Once I Start, Drinking Is In My Genes!
- IFFM Awards 2018: Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju & Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Lead The Nominations!
- RSS Questions The Motives Behind Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju, Says Bollywood Paints Criminals As Heroes
- Sanjay Dutt Takes A SLY DIG At Ranbir Kapoor's Affairs As He Speaks About 'Sleeping With 308 Women'
The UTV Motion Pictures' entertainer is also said to be the first movie of Ranbir, legendary actor-filmmaker Raj Kapoor's grandson, to release in Japan.
"We were looking forward to the release of 'Barfi!' here (in Japan), especially after the movie garnered accolades at the Grand Jury Award at the prestigious Okinawa Film Festival in Japan," Amrita Pandey, vice president and head (Marketing and Distribution) - Studio, Disney India, said in a statement.
"It's always a great feeling when our movies get appreciated even in non-traditional markets. We have in fact worked closely with the distributors to put together a trailer and art work specially to address the Japanese sensibilities and emotions," Pandey added.
The film has released on 10 screens in six Japanese cities - Tokyo, Yokohama, Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto and Fukuoka.
Directed by Anurag Basu, the film has stellar performances by Ranbir, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D 'Cruz and music composed by Pritam.