- Amitabh Bachchan On 102 Not Out: My Family Really Liked The Film, The Children Loved It
- 40 Years Of Amitabh Bachchan's Don: A Film Rejected By Dharmendra & Dev Anand & Accepted By Audience
- Rishi Kapoor: This Is An Era Of Actors, Non Actors Won’t Survive!
- Grand As Shahrukh's Mannat! Sonam Kapoor's BF Anand Ahuja's Bungalow Is COSTLIER Than The Bachchans
- 102 Not Out Review: Amitabh Bachchan & Rishi Kapoor Win This Match With Their First-Rate Innings!
- Rekha Comes Between Jaya & Aishwarya Rai Bachchan? Her PDA For Amitabh Bachchan IRRITATES His Family
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has sponsored training and coaching of two women athletes for the upcoming Commonwealth and Asian Games.
The 71-year-old actor has sponsored the training and coaching of two female athletes Ayonika Paul and Pooja Ghatkar (both shooters) for the upcoming Commonwealth World Championship to be held in July this year and Asian Games, 2014.
Both the athletes are supported by Amitabh as a part of the Medals4India campaign initiated by NGO Olympic Gold Quest, a statement said.
Gold Quest is a program of the foundation of sports and games (founded in 2001), started by Indian sporting icons to identify and support Indian athletes with a proven track record and who have the potential to win Olympic gold medals.
The goal of the initiative is to help them (athletes) win at the 2016 Rio Olympics and the funds will help with their training and equipment in preparation for their respective competitions, it said.
Bachchan, in the past has supported social initiative programmes like Polio eradication and has been UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and UN Ambassador to support the girl Child.