- How Is Shahrukh Khan In Real Life, Arrogant, Full Of Attitude Or Humble? Fans Reveal The Truth
- 21 Years Of Yes Boss: Juhi Chawla's Throwback Pic With SRK Will Crack You Up!
- Shahrukh Khan's Meer Foundation Sets Up An Initiative For Acid-Attack Survivors!
- Salman Khan & Akshay Kumar Make It To The Forbes Highest Paid Celebs’ List, Shahrukh Khan Not On It!
- Shahrukh Khan Pulls Wife Gauri Khan's Leg With His Hilarious Comment On Her Pic With Suhana!
- Katrina Kaif's First Look From Zero: Shahrukh Khan Asks 'Why So Serious?'
Bollywood actor Boman Irani has been given protection after gangster Pujari threatens him. Boman Irani has reportedly received threat from gangster Ravi Pujari.
Mumbai police have confirmed that police protection has been provided to Irani. Boman Irani had received a threat call few days ago, his upcoming movie Happy New Year is slated for Diwali release.
Meanwhile, Pujari has also given threatening calls to three other people, including Irani. The other two who received threat calls are not associated with Bollywood, sources said.
"Police protection has been provided to all three persons," said a police officer. Following this threat, the Anti-Extortion Cell (AEC) of the city crime branch has been asked to look into the matter.
"The number used to call Irani is an overseas number," a source said. The police are also contemplating to provide security to all, including actors, producers, directors and businessmen who have received threat calls from Pujari in past two years.
"Boman Irani has received threat from Pujari gang and security has been provided to Irani," said Rakesh Maria, Mumbai police commissioner.
Ravi Pujari is threatening the actors of film Happy New Year to get the distribution rights. He is alleged to have threatened Shahrukh Khan and the film's co-producer Mr. Morani.
Ravi Pujari, however, came out to a journalist saying, "I have great respect for Shahrukh Khan and a call was made to Red Chillies landline and a receptionist was contacted. It was not for any extortion or threat but a request to be passed on to SRK not to work with people who are linked to Dawood or Rajan such as Morani brothers."