- Sonam Kapoor Was Asked If She Loves Muslims & Pakistani Followers; Replies What 'Hinduism' Preaches
- NEW INSIDE PICS: How Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan PARTIED ALL NIGHT At Sonam's Wedding
- Sonam Kapoor Recaps Inside Details About How She Fell In Love With Hubby Anand Ahuja!
- Sanju Review: Ranbir Kapoor Hits A Sixer With Rajkumar Hirani's Engaging Storytelling!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anil Kapoor's Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Teaser Is Out! Watch It Here
- A True Incident! A Drunk Sanjay Dutt Had Actually Put On A Toilet Seat Around His Girlfriend's Neck
Sonam Kapoor acting in Sooraj Barjatya's film Prem Ratan Dhan Payo came as a surprise to many. But there is a buzz that Sonam bagged the film on the request of daddy Anil Kapoor. When Anil Kapoor came to know that filmmaker Sooraj Barjatya is looking for the female lead opposite Salman Khan, he (Anil Kapoor) asked Salman to recommend Sonam for the film.
According to sources, "After Anil recommended Sonam's name to Salman, Sooraj got to know about this. Since he's a good friend of Anil's, he had a chat about the same with him and Sooraj then decided to offer the film to Sonam. Both he and Salman felt that she would fit the part."
Anil Kapoor wanted Sonam to work with Salman Khan and after he came to know about the film, he put a word for his daughter Sonam. Sonam shared the screen space with Salman in her debut film Saawariya. This will be the first time when Sonam will be seen playing the leading lady of Salman Khan.
Sonam is currently following a strict diet routine as she has to shed few kilos to romance Salman Khan in Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. Sonam will start shooting for Prem Ratan Dhan Payo in July this year. Sonam will also be seen in the film Dolly Ki Doli which will be directed by Arbaaz Khan.