- Deepika Padukone Ends Cold War With Katrina Kaif; Does The Unexpected On Her Birthday!
- Irrfan Khan Health Update: The Actor Is Doing Great! He Sings & Records Songs, Says Vishal Bhardwaj
- IFFM Awards 2018: Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju & Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Lead The Nominations!
- Deepika Padukone Breaks Into A Cute Dance For Her Boyfriend Ranveer Singh On His Birthday!
- Deepika Padukone Clocks 25 M Followers On Instagram!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh's Wedding To Take Place In India, Not In Italy!
Katrina Kaif many a times has been considered as a glamour girl more than an actress and Deepika Padukone apparently defended the Bang Bang actress on the notion.
In a media interaction, Happy New Year actress Deepika Padukone was asked about her idea on a 'show-piece' role and a performance oriented role. However, Deepika initially replied as "I didn't understand", to which the reporter elaborated saying a 'show-piece' role is a glamourous role. Deepika again asked the reporter, "What is just a glamour role?" and the reporter explained it citing Katrina Kaif's role in Jab Tak Hain Jaan.
Click here for movie offers: Buy 1 Get the 2nd Free at Bigcinemas on Tickets
It apparently did not go too well with Deepika as she replied, "But according to her she has worked very hard. How can you call her a show-piece?" Happy New Year's leading lady, Deepika further added, "I am just trying to say that the hard work and effort is still the same. Let me tell you that being a heroine is not easy. It looks very glamourous and like a great life but it involves lot of hard work."
Deepika asserted that people only remember those roles which they see in hit films but for an actor or actress doing every role calls good amount of hard work. "I don't think I can comment on other people's choice of films or other people's choice of roles. Some things may appeal to me, so things may not. So I can only speak for the films that I have done and I believe that I have largely done films, even my flop films which were character driven. People don't remember them because the film didn't do well. If a film does well, you remember the success and characters," said Deepika.
Katrina Kaif's film Bang Bang released recently and it has done record business at the Box Office while, Deepika Padukone's Happy New Year is set for a Diwali release.