- Deepika Padukone ALL SET To Be Ranveer Singh's BRIDE; Shops For Wedding Jewellery In Bangalore
- Will Deepika Padukone & Anushka Sharma Chuck Their OLD COLD WAR & Collaborate For This Mega Project?
- Irrfan Khan Shares His State Of Mind, Says Just Keep Going As Nothing Is Final In Life
- Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Crosses 300 Crores After Spanning 50 Days In Theatres
- Post Padmaavat's Success, Deepika Padukone HIKES Her Fees & Acts CHOOSY
- Heartbreaking! Deepika Padukone Gets Emotional; Talks About Irrfan Khan's Ill Health
- Amitabh Bachchan: It Takes Hard Work To Survive & Breathe!
Katrina Kaif many a times has been considered as a glamour girl more than an actress and Deepika Padukone apparently defended the Bang Bang actress on the notion.
In a media interaction, Happy New Year actress Deepika Padukone was asked about her idea on a 'show-piece' role and a performance oriented role. However, Deepika initially replied as "I didn't understand", to which the reporter elaborated saying a 'show-piece' role is a glamourous role. Deepika again asked the reporter, "What is just a glamour role?" and the reporter explained it citing Katrina Kaif's role in Jab Tak Hain Jaan.
Click here for movie offers: Buy 1 Get the 2nd Free at Bigcinemas on Tickets
It apparently did not go too well with Deepika as she replied, "But according to her she has worked very hard. How can you call her a show-piece?" Happy New Year's leading lady, Deepika further added, "I am just trying to say that the hard work and effort is still the same. Let me tell you that being a heroine is not easy. It looks very glamourous and like a great life but it involves lot of hard work."
Deepika asserted that people only remember those roles which they see in hit films but for an actor or actress doing every role calls good amount of hard work. "I don't think I can comment on other people's choice of films or other people's choice of roles. Some things may appeal to me, so things may not. So I can only speak for the films that I have done and I believe that I have largely done films, even my flop films which were character driven. People don't remember them because the film didn't do well. If a film does well, you remember the success and characters," said Deepika.
Katrina Kaif's film Bang Bang released recently and it has done record business at the Box Office while, Deepika Padukone's Happy New Year is set for a Diwali release.