- Deepika Padukone REVEALS What She Loves The Most About Ranveer Singh & It's Super Cute!
- Kareena Kapoor NOT INTERESTED In Working With Shahrukh Khan? Good Prospects For Aishwarya & Deepika
- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Cannes 2018: Unlike Aishwarya Rai & Deepika, Sonam Kapoor FAILS To Grab Eyeballs On Red Carpet
- Anushka Sharma Ends Cold War With Deepika Padukone? Praises Her Cannes Look Leaving Fans Surprised
The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has objected to the use of the word "virgin" in one of the dialogues of Finding Fanny. The film's lead actress Deepika Padukone slams the censor board saying its guidelines are inconsistent.
"I don't think their request is valid. I believe that there is no system to this. Every six months the rules keep changing... There is no consistency to what is being said and done," the 28-year-old said here Wednesday on the sets of reality show "Cine Stars Ki Khoj".
She feels while judging a film, it's important to see everything in the context of a particular scene or a film. "They should see it in the context of the scene and the film, you can't just pick put one word and say, 'Oh, we are not allowing this word.'"
"Secondly, give us a reason why you are not allowing us to show certain things. But they are the final authority and we will accept what they say," Deepika added.
Directed by Homi Adajania, Finding Fanny, is an English language film which also has veterans like Dimple Kapadia, Pankaj Kapur and Naseeruddin Shah in the cast. It is releasing Sep 12.
Arjun Kapoor, the film's male lead, feels the audience's views should be given importance. "Censorship is for the audience and if they (censor board) realise that the audience does not find anything wrong with something, I hope they can change their minds so that we can make films for the audience..." Arjun said.
"We are making films for the audience and it's not like we enjoy saying certain things. In her character's context, it is very important whatever she says. We should get a consistent platform before we face the censors," he added.