- Catfight Brewing Between Kriti Sanon & Shraddha Kapoor! Sushant Singh Rajput To Be Blamed?
- Deepika Padukone Ends Cold War With Katrina Kaif; Does The Unexpected On Her Birthday!
- Irrfan Khan Health Update: The Actor Is Doing Great! He Sings & Records Songs, Says Vishal Bhardwaj
- IFFM Awards 2018: Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju & Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Lead The Nominations!
- Deepika Padukone Breaks Into A Cute Dance For Her Boyfriend Ranveer Singh On His Birthday!
- Deepika Padukone Clocks 25 M Followers On Instagram!
Deepika, 28, plays an enthusiastic dancer Mohini Joshi in the musical heist film, which will release this Diwali.
"Madhuri Dixit's character is an iconic one. There is no similarity between the two except the name. So, please don't compare my character with Maduri's brilliant portrayal of Mohini. Both the characters are very much different to each other," she said during the promotion of the film here.
In the film, the actress would be seen delivering her dialogues in an interesting mix of Marathi and Hindi.
"Being living in Mumbai for seven years, it gave me the immense opportunity to interact with Marathi people. Moreover, my mother tongue is Konkani, which is very similar to Marathi. It was not a tough call for me to speak in that dialect," she said.
Having touted as one of the successful actresses in the industry after delivering many back-to-back hits, Deepika is confident that Happy New Year will also have the same fate like her previous hits.
"When so many good energies connect together, I feel something best always comes out. It's one of the right kind of film for Diwali as it will fill your hearts with joy," she said.
The 'Cocktail' star said she is lucky that Farah has given her a chance again to be a part of her film after giving her a dream start in 2007 with 'Om Shanti Om'.
"When Farah gave me the opportunity to be a part of her last release ('Om Shanti Om'), I was extremely raw and new. The only thing I hope that I am able to make her feel proud with my performance," she said.