- OMG! Emraan Hashmi All Set To 'Cheat India'; Read Details Here
- Emraan Hashmi To Romance Daisy Shah In Salman Khan's Race 3?
- People Always Question Commercial Value Of Documentary: Emraan Hashmi
- Emraan Hashmi: People Have Created A Perception About Me From The Kind Of Films Which I Used To Do!
- Baadshaho First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection!
- Baadshaho Movie Review: Live This Thug Life Only If Guilty Pleasures Are Your Thing!
- Want To Do Films That Scare Me: Emraan Hashmi
Oscar-winning Danis Tanovic's new film Tigers, which features Bollywood star Emraan Hashmi in his first international project, had a glorious world premiere at the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) on Monday evening.
The 9:45 pm show at Scotiabank Theatre on 8th September in Toronto was a sold out screening as the audience watched in rapt attention the true story of the salesman who blew the whistle on the baby food scandal in Pakistan.
Besides Emraan and Danis, National Award-winning actress Geetanjali who plays Zainab, the wife of the salesman was also spotted at the event. Also in attendance were the film's producers Prashita Chaudhary of Cinemorphic and Guneet Monga of Sikhya Entertainment plus Tigers' co-producer and co-writer- Andy Paterson.
The highlight of the evening, apart from the movie was the standing ovation it received,which was the curtain call. After the usual introduction of the actors, Danis called on stage Syad Aamir Raza, the salesman on whose life the film is based on and who is played by Emraan in the film. As Aamir walked up to the stage with his wife Shafqat, everyone were deeply moved.
"The screening was great and it was good that Aamir was there at the premiere. The audience verdict was fantastic. The issue is now out in the forefront and more and more people will get to know about the subject", said Emraan Hashmi.