- OMG! Emraan Hashmi All Set To 'Cheat India'; Read Details Here
- Emraan Hashmi To Romance Daisy Shah In Salman Khan's Race 3?
- People Always Question Commercial Value Of Documentary: Emraan Hashmi
- Emraan Hashmi: People Have Created A Perception About Me From The Kind Of Films Which I Used To Do!
- Baadshaho First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection!
- Baadshaho Movie Review: Live This Thug Life Only If Guilty Pleasures Are Your Thing!
Indian actor Emraan Hashmi's debut international project Tigers, directed by the Oscar winning Danis Tanovic, will have its world premiere at the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) next month.
A co-production between India, France and Britain, the movie has been categorised under the Contemporary World Cinema section of TIFF, which is due to be held on September 4th, according to the official TIFF website.
Tigers is a based-on-fact drama in which a young salesman, who is devastated when he discovers the effects of the infant formula he's peddling, challenges the system and the powers that be.
Tanovic, a Bosnian director famed for No Man's Land, has helmed the hard-hitting project which "explores Pakistan's fascination with Western drugs".
Emraan's character in the film Tigers is called Ayan, and he features with a principal cast including names like Geetanjali Thapa, Danny Huston, Khalid Abdalla, Adil Hussain, Maryam D'Abo, Satyadeep Misra, Heino Ferch, Sam Reid, Supriya Pathak and Vinod Nagpal.
The producers involved in the project are Anurag Kashyap, Guneet Monga, Prashita Chaudhary, Kshitij Chaudhary, Cedomir Kolar, Marc Baschet, Andy Paterson and Cat Villiers, while Prerna Saigal has edited it.