- John Abraham On Garam Masala 2: I Have Discussed It With Akshay Kumar
- Akshay Kumar's Next To Revolve Around The Plight Of Farmers? He Calls It Lakhpati Kisaan!
- Controversy Over Rustom Costume: Akshay Kumar Says He Will Support His Wife Twinkle Khanna
- Fire Breaks Out On Sets Of Akshay Kumar Starrer 'Kesari' In Maharashtra
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’s Divyanka Tripathi Wants To Do A Film With Akshay Kumar!
- Aamir Khan Suggests Changes In Mogul Script, Does Not Want The Film To Focus On This Controversy?
As one of Akshay's most favourite co-stars Katrina Kaif once said, "He is a lot like me. We are both very friendly on the sets. But after pack-up, we like to head straight home."
That's no longer true. On the sets of Entertainment, Akshay found a new buddy.
Speaking fondly of the doggie, Akshay said,"His name in the film is 'Entertainment' and he and I will be buddies for life."
The two bonded while shooting for their film together.
"I made sure he didn't just feel like a dog being made to do tricks for treats. I would spend a lot of time off-camera playing with him. As soon as he accepted it, we were pals and not just co-stars.
"He'd let me sleep on his belly at break times, which was the most blissful feeling in the world," Akshay said.
The two buddies also got sporty on the sets.
"He loved it when I played ball with him, as his attention toy was a tennis ball, which I carried everywhere with me. He's a beautiful dog," said Akshay, who recommends a canine's presence in every household.
"From the bottom of my heart, I feel every gentle kid should have a dog. There is no companionship quite like it," he added.
Even before befriending his canine co-star Akshay was a dogs person.
"My homes are full of dogs, and that's been the case for years! I have two German Shepherds named Oaky and Clio in my Mumbai home, and a Golden Labrador who looks after my little Portuguese Villa in Goa.
"Even at my mom's house, who lives just above me, we have a little funny crossed-eyed Beagle that is my niece's pet. She adores him to bits," said the actor.
To Akshay, canines are the most dependable creatures.
"For me, dogs are where the heart is, at home, looking after your family while you can't."