- STRANGE LOVE! Mira Rajput Once Threw Hubby Shahid Kapoor Out Of Their House
- Oscars 2018! Aamir Khan Says Sridevi Deserved The Oscars Mention
- Sridevi's Funeral: Rekha Started CRYING After Hugging Janhvi; Deepika Padukone Says Final Goodbye
- Sridevi's DEMISE! Vidya Balan Says My 'Inspiration Is No More'
- Aami Controversy: Here Is What Vidya Balan Has To Say!
- NASTY REMARK! When Shahid Kapoor Compared Kareena Kapoor To A BUFFALO; Took A Shocking Dig At Her
A day after some BJP workers protested against actress Vidya Balan's attempt to promote her forthcoming release "Bobby Jasoos" in a get up resembling Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Vadodara, the National Award-winner said that it was "unfortunate" and "felt bad" that her intention had been "misunderstood".
The actress, who dons as many as 12 disguises in the detective film, had tried to sport a look that resembled Modi while promoting the film in the leader's former constituency Thursday. However, irate BJP supporters allegedly stalled her idea of visiting the tea stall from where Modi started his journey.
"I am not even aware of this statement (that the BJP are allegedly unhappy)... I don't want to politicise the issue at all. I was there to promote a film and I play a jasoos (detective) who dons different disguises," she told reporters here.
Vidya clarified that the disguise was meant to be a tribute to Modi.
"I just felt that I wanted to pay a tribute to our Prime Minister because Baroda is his city and his is an inspirational story.
"I felt bad that my intention was misunderstood... I did not want to hurt anyone's sentiments which is why I decided not to go ahead with it but really the idea was only to pay a tribute or pay a salaam... Bobby ka salaam or something like that... I don't know why I got misunderstood yesterday... it was unfortunate," she said.
The detective comedy revolves around a female character who is a private detective. While Vidya plays the female lead, Ali Fazal plays the male lead. The film is directed by Samar Shaikh and is co-produced by actress Dia Mirza and her beau Sahil Sangha.
The film will hit theatres July 4.