- HOT NOW! Govinda Reacts To His Name Deleted From Varun Dhawan's Judwaa 2 Song 'Tan Tana Tan'
- OH MY GOD! Katrina Kaif To Romance Govinda In Her Next Film? Read Inside Details!
- Govinda Thanks Rishi Kapoor For BLASTING Anurag Basu; Says THIS About Ranbir Kapoor & Salman Khan!
- At Least Anurag Opened His Mouth! Govinda Is Not Happy; Here's The Reason Why He Left Jagga Jasoos
- Mollywood Retake: What If Salman Khan-Govinda Starrer Partner Is Remade In Malayalam?
- IS THAT REALLY HIM? Here's A Sneak-Peek Of Govinda From Ranbir Kapoor- Katrina Kaif's Jagga Jasoos!
- Frustrated Without Roles! Parineeti Chopra To Become A Film Producer Instead?
The 50-year-old actor, who was last seen in 2011 film 'Naughty @ 40', says he decided to say yes to the upcoming Yash Raj project as his wife thought the movie will benefit their kids' career.
"Initially my mother used to guide me about many things in life. After her, my wife Sunita has been saying a lot of things which I follow. "Sunita actually encouraged me to take up 'Kill Dil' as she felt that this movie will be good for our kids' career," said Govinda, adding that he was not working for the past 3-4 years largely because he did not like the roles he was offered.
The actor says he had an amazing time working in the film as it has always been his dream to work under the Yash Raj banner.
"I had a dream of working with YRF. I used to visit the studio and see pictures of various actors there but mine was missing. Now that I am working with them, it is really an amazing feeling. They are learned and well-behaved. And this wait was worth it," he said.
In 'Kill Dil', which also stars Parineeti Chopra, Ranveer Singh and Ali Zafar, Govinda plays a negative role. Govinda, who has earlier donned a villainous avatar on-screen in 2000 film 'Shikari', said he was initially apprehensive about the character.
"I was not comfortable with the villainous role so I spoke to Aditya (Chopra) and director Shaad Ali personally. I also told Shaad that if I won't be able to portray the character well then I will take an exit from the film. But I am hopeful that the audience will appreciate my effort. At the end of the day fans want to see a good film of their idol," Govinda said.
The actor was all praise for his 'Kill Dil' co-star Ranveer Singh, saying, "He is a very good boy, I liked his film 'Ram Leela'... after a long long time I had whistled while watching the film."
Besides 'Kill Dil', which hits theatres on November 14, Govinda will also be seen in 'Happy Ending' alongside Saif Ali Khan.
"Saif is an amazing person to work with. He has done a great job in 'Happy Ending'. He is a National award winner and I respect him a lot," Govinda said. 'Happy Ending' releases on November 21.