- Kajol To Play Ajay Devgn's Wife In Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior?
- Helicopter Eela Poster: Kajol Plays An Overprotective Mother; Says She's Here, There & Everywhere!
- After Chanakya, Ajay Devgn To Play India's Legendary Football Coach Syed Abdul Rahim!
- Ajay Devgn To Play Chanakya In Neeraj Pandey's Next; Has This To Say About His Role!
- Ileana D'cruz Posts A Backless Picture On Instagram & Drops The 'F-Bomb'
- Helicopter Eela: Kajol Reveals The First Look Poster Of Her Next Film & It's Quite Interesting!
"From around 80 percent of the films that have not worked...I come to know while shooting, so I do not see those films. I have not even seen the trailer of those films. I have not seen Himmatwala and Rascals till today. You get that feel while making a film," Ajay said here in a group interaction.
Himmatwala directed by Sajid Khan, did not receive a positive word. Ajay says though the original script of the film was good, things went wrong while shooting.
"The original script of Himmatwala was good...I don't want to blame Sajid, but he had taken the 1980s' look and shot it in the same way."
"There were no punchlines. Himmatwala would have worked today if it had today's punchlines and today's styling. He made it like the 1980's only. That didn't work," he added.
However, despite getting the feeling that Himmatwala wouldn't work, Ajay gave the film his best shot and promoted it. Why?
"There is so much of money and stakes involved in a film...You can't say, 'This is not working so I am not working'. It's unethical. If there is some alternative, then it's a different thing," said Ajay.
"When you are acting in a film, everybody is not ready to agree with you. If you have been paid for a film, you have to do as much as you can do," he added.