- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan RUBBISHES Family Fight Rumours; Shares A WOW PIC With Jaya & Amitabh Bachchan
- Rekha Comes Between Jaya & Aishwarya Rai Bachchan? Her PDA For Amitabh Bachchan IRRITATES His Family
- EXCLUSIVE: Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Get Snubbed By Jaya Bachchan & Shweta Bachchan At A Wedding?
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Grandson Agastya Nanda To Debut In Bollywood? Read Details!
- STRANGE! Why Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan SKIP The Birthday Bash Of Jaya Bachchan? See Inside Pictures
- Salman Khan Sentenced To 5 Years: Here's How Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's MIL Jaya Bachchan Reacted
Shahrukh Khan's Happy New Year has collected over Rs 186 crores at the Indian Box Office. It created a record for getting the highest opening collection, no Bollywood film has ever got, yet the critics and movie-goers trashed the movie.
Now, a new person has joined the league of Happy New Year movie haters and it is none other than Jaya Bachchan. You may be shocked to hear this, but the fact that she is Abhishek's mom has not stopped her from speaking her mind.
On Monday, at a literature festival in Mumbai, Jaya said, "HNY is the most nonsensical film I've seen in recent years. I said that to the film's lead actor as well. I watched it only because Abhishek was part of it. I told him he's a great actor if he can act stupid in front of the camera like that. I can't be part of what is being done in films these days and hence I don't do films anymore."
The topic of discussion at festival was "The failure of literature in informing current cinema" and the actress went on to say her perspective on the subject matter, "Unfortunately cinema today is about business, not art. We call good films ‘art house cinema'. What does that even mean? All cinema is art."
In spite of her son Abhishek Bachchan essaying a prominent role in the movie, it did not deter Jaya from trashing the film, for she is an actress who always speaks her mind. Kudos to Jaya for being so blunt and truthful.